Typically around this time, I post a calendar of race events for the year. I always have a primary or "A" race (last year was Escape) and several "B" races. I try to do as many TriFury selected races to earn points for the series and spend time with teammates. Hell, I was looking forward to a half-Iron this year!
Yet, it's already Jan 5 and I haven't done a damn thing. I'm still on crutches, can't really walk and have no idea if I'll even be able to run. Ever.
On the surface, it might seem depressing or at the very least, a little sad. Actually, it's a bit freeing. Trust me, I'm disappointed that I won't get to participate in some of the races I really wanted to do this year (many sell out once registration opens), but my perspective has changed. Now, I just hope I can compete in "something".
I'll figure out some other way to make my friends shake their heads and sigh. No, I'll never learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment