So I'm going to Texas tomorrow on business and decided to bring Ray Ray with me. Why? Because I'll be in Dallas and it's a good opportunity for my mother and Ray Ray to bond. Why am I not bringing the Pet, you ask? Because Ray Ray flies for free (lap child!) and Pet can't.
I know, I know. It's not fair. But Pet will get lots of special attention given that Thursday is her actual birthday and she'll have a school party that day.
But yes, she was understandably upset when I told her that Ray Ray and I would be going to Texas without her. I practically had to bribe her (no, not practically...I really had to bribe her) to calm down by telling her I'd bring back some sort of treat/gift/present. And I plan to. Especially because my mother went shopping last night for Pet's birthday present. At Walmart. Which means that it will be some fantastic toy that Petra won't be able to live without.
So last night, as I was packing (because it will take me FOREVER to pack everything I could possibly need to travel with a four-month old, which meant that I had to start last night), Petra walked in with her pink Dora suitcase:
P: Here, mommy (handing me said suitcase).
Me: What's this for?
P: For your trip.
Me: But I have my big suitcase. It should hold everything.
P: No, this is for all of the stuff you're going to bring me. Do you want the pink one or the purple one?
Me: Petra, I think I'll be able to fit your gifts in my suitcase.
P: NO! You need to take my suitcase. Now do you want the pink one or the purple one?
Me: (thinking, thinking) I'll take the pink one.
P: Good. I'll put it in the car for you.
Me: Um. Thanks.
So, methinks I'll have to drive to the airport with a pink suitcase perched next to me. I'll simply leave it there and when I return, I'll stuff it full of (whatever). She won't know that the suitcase didn't actually go to Texas....will she?
No comments:
Post a Comment