So a guy I used to work with died on Wednesday. He didn't show up for a meeting at work, so one of his co-workers called his house. His wife knew he'd been at the gym and called there to locate him. They found him dead in his car. No cause, as of yet.
He was 38. His death has rocked me to the core for many reasons: We're the same age, we both work out and we both have small children. I feel like I'm grieving for a close friend.
I wonder what it must've been like for his wife....to assume that the day would start, go on and finish like any other day. I'm sure when she called the gym it never crossed her mind that something could be tragically wrong. Did they tell her over the phone? Or did she race to a hospital thinking that perhaps he was still alive only to find out he'd died in his car after a particularly strenuous workout.
I wasn't that close to Owen and hadn't seen him in years. But I can't imagine that I'll forget his death so quickly.
I wish his family nothing by peace during this difficult time. I hope they'll draw comfort from each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment