Sunday, June 29, 2008

Do I smell?

I'm a bit disappointed because I wasn't invited to write for a new mommy blog about which I'd inquired. I thought it would be kind of fun to write for another outlet while allowing me to chronicle my rather crazy mommy life.

But I was rejected. So I have to think that I must be too fabulous to join the group because it can't be my writing, can it? I've worked very hard to become a decent business writer and so far, so good. Perhaps I'm not entertaining or witty enough?

Can you see all of my junior high insecurities rearing their ugly heads again? No, I'm no longer relegated to the outcasts' lunch table with Anita, the girl who ate green bean sandwiches, but I am developing a bit of a complex.

But, wait! I'm a vice president of marketing. I have two beautiful, happy daughters. I have a husband who loves me (most of the time). So, why in the hell do I care about some mean mommy bloggers? Actually, I don't.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I sincerely doubt it is your writing - but I may have an answer. If you provided a link to your own blog as a writing sample on the application, it is probably the frequency of your postings that caused the rejection. A site that is casting a wide net for contributors wants content, lots of it. You've only posted 7 times in the last 2 months (and Tweets don't count!) I'm sure they were just looking for someone more demonstrably prolific. Maybe someone without an actual life.
:)