I've been telling folks I've lost approx. nine lbs because, well, that's what I thought I've lost. I've definitely dropped weight and my close are fitting better, and my (very generous) scale at home is headed in the right direction...
BUT (and a very big butt at that) today, I was reminded how cruel doctors' office scales can be. I hopped on this morning fully expecting to see a low number and was disappointed when the scale read....well, something other than what I'd hoped. It indicated only a five pound drop (in six weeks) and more importantly, reminded me that I have NINE pounds to go if I want to be at my pre-pregnancy weight. NINE pounds? I thought I was so much closer...like three pounds away...maybe five. But NINE?
Sigh. Jean-Paul and I are meeting tomorrow and we'll review diet and make some modifications, but I certainly don't feel as good about my progress as I did a week ago. I know I should be excited - five pounds is five pounds - but I so want to be at my goal weight. Like now.
No comments:
Post a Comment