Yesterday, Petra's daddy took her to Brooks Pharmacy--he needed a couple of prescriptions. Well, not surprisingly, she fell in love with a plastic pumpkin--you know, the kind that kids take trick or treating at Halloween. She can't ask for anything yet, so when she wants something, she points and grunts. It sounds like, "uh uh. uh uh." But the gesticulating is rather pronounced and the grunts are really loud. So like any good daddy, he bought her the pumpkin.
So what does that have to do with anything? Well, this morning, I was getting ready and Petra brought her pumpkin into the bathroom. And trick or treated. With my cosmetics, soaps, dupa wipes (don't ask) and her shoes. She took all of this great "stuff" and filled up her pumpkin. Then emptied it out again and filled it up with other cool stuff, namely, my hairbrush and pick, her toothbrush (which Nikita then confiscated and sucked on, and therefore it is no longer Petra's toothbrush) and my dental-floss holder. All the while asking me for crackers. (Child points wildly at the air and says, "cack-er....cack-er.")
We will be taking her trick or treating with her cousins on Sunday in Holliston. I expect we'll bring the plastic pumpkin (although I had picked out a cute fabric bag at Children's Place) because she loves it so. It'll be interesting to see what she makes of candy. Methinks she'll pass it right by and instead put things like leaves in her bucket.
And don't worry. I will add Mom and Dad updates as well. I can only imagine how boring it must be to read about a child. While she fascinates me--can you believe she can talk???--after a while I'm sure it gets old.
Look for Halloween pics this weekend. By then, I hope to figure out how to add photos. And don't forget to change your clocks!
No comments:
Post a Comment