Let me tell you: it took me quite a while to find a costume for Petra to wear on Halloween. I searched Children's Place, the Gap (they don't carry them anymore!), Gymboree, Target, Walmart (ick!) and couldn't find anything.
I then did what any online auction addict would do: I checked eBay (which is the equiv of crack). And fell in love with the Tom Arma costumes. (For those not familiar with Tom Arma, a small secant: he is the world's most published "baby" photographer and for some reason has a line of Halloween costumes. You can see his signature collection at http://www.tomarma.com/)
And I should mention now that I had NO intention of becoming a Tom Arma groupie. I sneered and turned up my nose at the moms I know who *had* to have Tom Arma costumes. I am so pathetic. ;-)
Anywho, eBay did not disappoint. It challenged...I managed to lose several auctions including one for the Skunk (it was cute, I promise). But lady luck was my friend the day I found the Panda. And I have to say, Petra makes the cutest Panda around. Really. She walked into daycare today (it's imagination day; they can't call it Halloween) with this ginormous Panda head and warm fleecy bodysuit on. I will post pics of her in it, but to see the Panda suit on some other child, click here http://www.storybooklane.com/tomarcos.html.
Those who are laughing at me now, just wait. Seriously. You'll be scouring eBay searching for the perfect Tom Arma, pair of Robeez shoes or heavily-discounted Petit Patapon outfit (because really, who would pay ful price for one?).
No comments:
Post a Comment