Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Who's in charge?

That was the question Natche asked last night when he got home. Who's in charge??? Well, to be honest, I'm not really sure...I think it just might be Petra and Kita..it sure as hell ain't me.

Natche came home last night to an open back door (Biko knows how to let himself back into the house but can't seem to manage shutting the door); a destroyed family room (Goldfish crackers ground into the carpet, books and videos strewn across the floor and little flash cards in a messy pile by the loveseat); and a fairly disheveled kitchen (Petra has a new habit of throwing all food off her tray when she feels she's eaten enough).

Still, I have no idea why he asks who's in charge. When I got home at 7pm, I managed to change, feed the baby (a nutritious meal of chicky nuggets, Smiles potatoes and peas), feed the dogs, bathe the baby, read six stories to the baby and GET HER DOWN for the evening--all by 9pm. Sorry for the collateral damage, but I'm pretty happy I accomplished so much in so little time AND didn't run out of the house screaming. No, I didn't eat....unless you want to count the few bites of a chicken nugget I had...

Oh, and perhaps someone can solve this mystery for me.... I had a full plate of leftover food (aforementioned child's dinner) sitting on the counter...towards the back of the counter. There was a fork and a knife neatly placed on the side of the plate. After bathing the baby, I came downstairs to find the plate wiped cleam, but still in the same spot WITH (here's the kicker), the fork and knife in the exact same place they were before. Now Natche still wasn't home so he couldn't have been the culprit. Methinks a large, white and black Akita (I refuse to mention names, but he turns four tomorrow) sidled up to the self-serve bar and helped himself. The only other plausible explanation is mice.

No comments: