Thank the Lord. We. Are. Home.
And there is no place I'd rather be right now. Our flight was seriously delayed and we didn't land until well after 11pm last night. Add to that a jammed airport, a very slow baggage carousel and a long drive home and we didn't get into our garage until after 1am.
Wait! I left out a very important detail: We were on our way home last night--quite close to the house actually--when I heard a very loud bang, like something hit our car hard. I turned around to look in the backseat and noticed that the small right-side passenger window had a gaping hole in it and the window was entirely cracked! Talk about FREAKING OUT. Natche pulled over right away and I checked the baby to make sure she was ok. At that point, we called the police, who had us drive right to the station and filed a police report. Whatever hit our car--rock, BB gun shot, who the hell knows what--it scared the daylights out of me and could've hurt my child badly. But she's ok. The car suffered only a broken window and the police are out there investigating. Let's just hope I don't run into the punk kid who did it....
So other than that unfortunate incident, we arrived back home, safe and sound. And I couldn't be happier; I missed my home desperately.
I'll post pictures of our trip to Texas very soon. I must rely on my mother to upload and we know how long that could take.
No comments:
Post a Comment