Sunday, November 26, 2006

5am BABY!

No, we didn't go shopping at 5am on Black Friday. We went at 6:30 and it was fantastic. My mother, Petra, and unwitting participant Natche and I hit Walmart, Toys R Us, Michaels and Old Navy...and did we make out like BANDITS.

The only disappointment: we didn't get the Vtech Learning Laptop. At $14.99, it apparently sold out at 5:01am. So if you see it on the Internet at a decent price, pop me a note.

I will say to those of you who think I'm completely out of my gourd for shopping on Black Friday at that ungodly hour that it was not as bad as you might expect. Walmart had HUNDREDS of people working the floor and I got my 1GB flash drive (for $14.99, I might add) without delay. And there were still a few 42" plasmas ($988) available when we got there.

Next time I think I'll be better prepared. I'll figure out which "loss leader" I *have to have* (e.g., the laptop) and I'll hit that store first and early. So yes, Al, I plan to be out at 5am next year.

No comments: