Sunday, November 05, 2006

I live on the border....

of one state. I mean, literally on the border. Go approx. 1 mile and you're in another state, one in which I lived for years.

Living on the border is great: we benefit from our new state's laws, but in most cases, feel like we never left our former state. ESPECIALLY NOW. Our local news, commercials and programming actually come from our former state. So all of our political ads focus on a race that impacts us to a degree (we both work there) but one in which we CANNOT vote.

So here's my dilemma: I know NOTHING about my new state's politics, primarily because all of the televised debates I've watched have been for the other state's gubernatorial race. So what do I do? Do I vote knowing nothing about the races here? Or do I cram on the Internet and try and learn as much as possible?

No comments: