Monday, December 11, 2006

Lessons learned from this weekend's party

  1. Evite directions suck. It's easy as pie to get to my house unless you use Evite Maps. Seriously, if I wanted my guests to take a tour of the nearest inner city, I'd have sent them there myself.
  2. You can never have too much food...even if the menu is a bit of a mish mash. Guests *loved* the fact that we had Tupperware all ready to go so they could take home bits of everything.
  3. Everyone will end up in the kitchen...whether you like it or not. It doesn't matter if you have a great room the size of an airplane hangar ...people are attracted to the kitchen like moths to a flame.
  4. Cousins ROCK! Petra didn't say "boo!" to me once. She was so busy playing with her cousins--chasing after them, bossing them around--it was FANTASTIC.
  5. Parties are exhausting. Especially when you're pregnant.

Don't get me wrong, a good time was had by all, but I'm glad we're done for another year.

No comments: