Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sleep

I think I found my sleep last night. Well, at least most of it. I still woke up every two hours for the obligatory pregnant woman's pee, but in between those trips, I believe I was in bona fide REM sleep. Yay!

In other news, no amount of bribing, cajoling or yelling will get the Pet to fall or remain asleep in her bed. She knows the new baby's coming; I can tell. And I think the whole thing is causing her to clutch onto me even tighter. I lie in bed at night (every night, it seems) with two small hands wrapped tightly around strands of my hair. And if I pull her off of me, she just reaches out (in her sleep, mind you) until once again she finds what she's looking for. Who knew my hair would end up as a child's security blanket?

I feel bad. I mean, once the baby comes, I do have an obligation to take care of it,right? I'm pretty sure the state thinks so. So how do I convince my three-year old daughter that there is enough Mommy in the world for both her and the new baby? And how do I convince myself of that?

No comments: