I really do. She's an amazing actress and I love every piece of work I've seen her in, including the not-so-fantastic-except-for-Shirley film, In Her Shoes, the movie about two sisters--played by Cameron Diaz and Toni Collette-- who have some SERIOUS ISSUES.
So the film...let me tell you, the scenes in the adult living community have endeared me to the movie completely. My grandmother lived in the exact sort of place for many, many years; I remember visiting Century Village in Deerfield Beach on almost every school holiday...I feel like my sister and I were there constantly.
Anyhoo, I fell in love with Shirley MacLaine all over again as I watched this movie. I so wished she were my grandmother...not because I didn't love my two, but because I would love to be related to her...to hang out with her...to play gin runny with her. Wouldn't that be a hoot?
Do you think she'd adopt me?
No comments:
Post a Comment