So, here's the TWOP summary:
- Was supposed to be induced Friday morning, May 11.
- Got bumped. EVERYONE apparently decided to deliver that day (figures).
- Took a shower. Thought my water broke and started to really contract.
- Called doctor. They said, come on in. I told them I'd wait because they were busy. They said I couldn't.
- Natche had to take a shower and do about 50 other things. I drove myself to the hospital so he could finish and then take P to school.
- Got there (around 9, I think) and got checked. Water hadn't broken BUT I was 6cm dilated and contractions (not strong) were 2-3 minutes apart.
- They decided to keep me in the room even though they were incredibly busy and weren't prepared to deliver me yet. I told them I'd go down to the cafe if it would help. They said no; they weren't prepared for me to deliver in a hospital hallway.
- Asked for epidural. Nurse told me they needed to get a bag of fluids in me first...so they started my IV. Or tried to. Didn't like the nurse who blew my vein the first time.
- Natche finally arrived and I continued to lie in bed just waiting.
- Epi man came around 12-ish...I think. Didn't like him either. It took more than 30 minutes and SEVERAL tries to get the damn catheter in my back and that hurt worse than anything else I endured that day. Thankfully the final try took and ended up being a good epidural.
- Nancy, my wonderful midwife, broke my water sometime between 1 and 2....as Natche was eating his lunch. Tee hee!
- Nurse Elaine catheterized me to empty my bladder around 3-ish. Did you know that a full bladder can impede labor?
- Began to push at 5 min to 4pm.
- Raya was born 25 minutes later at 4:20pm, Friday May 11, 2007.
The best parts: No pain. No tearing. No swelling. No bleeding. And, most importantly, I got to watch my daughter being born. It was fantastic.
I'll post more later. But for now, here are/were her stats:
Raya Laine, 7lbs 11oz, 20" long

No comments:
Post a Comment