Thursday, May 10, 2007

The State of My Economy

Just reported on MSNBC:

Weak April retail sales bring May jitters
A disappointing month prompts concerns about consumer spending outlook.

Some of the nation’s largest retailers reported weak same-store sales in April, adding fuel to concerns that retail spending could face a longer-term slowdown if economic woes continue to weigh on consumers.
________________

Um, MSNBC hasn't been to my house recently, have they? Because between the Arbonne purchases ($500+) and the stuff I absolutely *had* to have for Petra and/or the new baby (gazillions), I have single-handledly kept this country out of a recession.

Now people, remember, I'm headed off on maternity leave so I won't be able to get the mall/Target as frequently as I can now (at least for two weeks!). So I fully expect you to keep up the spending while I'm holed up taking care of a new baby. Hear me??? I won't have all of my hard work go down the drain because you can't whip out the gold AmEx.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

No comments: