This should be a busy training week for me. I'll be happy if I can get in all of the planned activities; it will be a first. I did a brick on Sunday and was pleased I made it through...even though my legs felt like lead the entire run. I know that, at the very least, I can go the distance.
Next Sunday's Test Tri should be good prep for the July real deal. Sunday's race is legit, but I'm not thinking of it as the first, but instead as a warm-up or test. The swim takes place in a pool and is 1/3 the distance of some of the other tris I'm considering. But, it gives me the opportunity to get my feet wet (pardon the pun) and to work out some of the kinks associated with triathlon (e.g., transitions, fueling, attire, etc.)
Monday
Planned: OFF
Actual: OFF
Tuesday
Planned: Strength - 60, Run - 30
Actual: Strength - 60, Run 30
Wednesday
Planned: Swim - 60
Actual: Swim - 70 (2,000 meters)
Thursday
Planned: Spin Class - 45
Actual: Spin Class - 45 min
Friday
Planned: Strength - 60
Actual: OFF
Saturday
Planned: OFF
Actual: OFF
Sunday
Planned: Test Tri - 6.5 min/50 min/35 min (250 meters/10 mi/3 mi)
Actual: Completed Tri 6:40/43:29/26:02
TOTAL
Planned: 346.50
Actual: 281 and change
UPDATE: Sunday's field was quite small - 68 competitors in total...and yes, I finished in the bottom third at #58. My swim was horrendous, but I made a breakthrough on Monday, so we'll see if I can improve there. And my ride was slow. But my bike is slow, so improvements can (and will) be made. BUT I KICKED IT IN THE RUN. People, I ran a 3 miler in 26 minutes AFTER swimming and AFTER biking (through what felt like mud). And remember, tris are not won by swimmers. There is much hope for me yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment