Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tri Training - Week 19, Aug 16-22

I'll post an official recap, but suffice it to say, Sharon's Back was tough. To make a long story short, I fell off my bike, gashed my leg, and then didn't hydrate or eat properly on what was, without a doubt, the hottest day of the year and ended up in the Medic tent.

Yes, I will do Timberman on Saturday, but my training between now and then will be practically nil. I need to rest and recover in a major way.

Sunday

Planned - Sharon's Back! Hoping to do fewer than 2 hours
Actual - Swim - 21:29, Bike - 42:07, Run - 46:15; TOTAL - 1:53:32

Monday

Planned - 45 min Swim (Tri Swim Class)
Actual - OFF (had to get tetanus shot and shoulder is very sore)

Tuesday
Planned - 45 min Strength/30 min Run
Actual - 45 min Strength/15 min GRUELING rolling session (no running - foot needs to heal)

Wednesday
Planned - 30 min Swim
Actual - OFF

Thursday
Planned - 45 min Open Water Swim/20 min Run
Actual - 45 min Open Water Swim only

Friday
Planned - OFF
Actual - 20 min Run

Saturday

Planned - Timberman Sprint! Hoping for sub 1:45, but we'll see.
Actual - Finished the Timberman. Met my goal with a 1:40:18

TOTAL
Planned - 434:30 (unrealistic given Sunday's turn of events. Will modify in actuals)
Actual - ~323

No comments: