Asking me to not worry is like asking me to not breathe: it can't be done consciously. I'm hard wired to worry about anything and everything, especially when it comes to my offspring. It's the only reason I despise business travel - I can't go into my kids' rooms at night to make sure they're still breathing.
Sure, I can call. And yes, I can talk to my husband (when he chooses to answer the phone), but it's not the same thing. I'm not comfortable until I can see my girls with my own eyes; lay my hand on their backs and hear their contended sighs.
I knew motherhood was difficult, but I didn't realize that it would hurt this much to be away from my kids. It's such a fierce pain.
Petra and Raya, you remember this: your mother *hated* to be away from you when you were young and would've packed you in her suitcase if it were legal.
No comments:
Post a Comment