Monday, July 03, 2006

Snoozer...

Now that I've started blogging regularly, I'm very interested in what other people publish in their blogs, partly because I want to see who writes well and mostly because I want to see who doesn't. So today, I visited a few high-profile blogs, hoping that I would find some great content and thusly get inspired.

Didn't happen. Most of the blogs I read were B-O-R-I-N-G.
Note to writers: I don't care which preschool your three-year old will attend in the fall nor do I care how difficult it was to get him into said school. And, I hate to break it to you: I have little interest in your daughter's first birthday party and the hoops you had to jump to pull it off. I just can't seem to care. Is that horrible?

But that's their right, you say. Blogs give people the tools to write and publish ANYTHING--even the most inane content--for others to consume, yes? And even though a site might not interest me, it doesn't mean that it won't be of interest to someone else, correct?

Begrudgingly I accept that not all blogs are designed to entertain me; as such I'll just have to ignore those I find yawningly bad.

__________
Now, if you're interested in reading a couple of great blogs, I recommend the following. But note, I tend to go for the snarkier ones, so if you don't like gossip and bad-mouthing, go elsewhere.

Go Fug Yourself, a hilarious, celebrity-bashing site that makes even the most serial fashion victim among us seem sartorially sound when compared with such Fug fixtures as the Peldon sisters, Sienna Miller and Bai Ling.

Manolo's Shoe Blog, which I read despite the fact that the writer has dubbed Crocs, " the hot trend in the footwear for the lazy person," and has consigned my rubber darlings to the Gallery of Horrors to sit alongside Uggs, Danskos and Birks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two other great blogs -

popsugar.com
Great celeb gossip blog

fabsugar
companion blog for fashion