Sunday, February 25, 2007

Doing it right!

Man, we did Disney Princesses on Ice right.

We had great seats just eight rows back from the ice; we convinced Petra to wear--damn well, I might add--her Ariel costume; and we got through the entire show with little to no Petra drama (something that's become more frequent in recent weeks).

It was actually a great show. Disney really knows how to entertain; you have to give them that. The sets are truly amazing. Amazing. And the HUGE dragon that comes out and breathes real fire onto the ice (Shelagh's first question was, um, is the ice supposed to be on fire like that?) was unbelievable. Yes, two of the skaters fell, but the kids didn't notice. They were overwhelmed--in a good way--by the sights and sounds...and stared straight ahead the entire show not moving a muscle for fear of missing one of the princesses.

It's still making an impression, I might add. Petra woke up this morning and said, "Mommy, there were scary monsters at Disney Princesses! I saw Ursula, the dragon and the scary lady."

Yes, you did my dear. And you *loved* every minute of it.

No comments: