I'm referring to the wine. Drinking it was probably the stupidest thing I've done in a long time. Not because I drank too much or because I felt lightheaded or anything like that, but because I woke up (for the first time) at 11:30 with the feeling that someone was sticking hot poker needles in my chest. Oh, the agony of heartburn/reflux, whatever the hell it was. I was miserable and the double doses of Mylanta did nothing to extinguish that fire.
So, in my misery, I went downstairs to see if sleeping on the couch or in the recliner would offer any sort of relief. Nope. One hour later I was in the same amount of pain I was before. So, I hobbled back up the stairs in pretty much hysterics (not only because I was in pain but also because I was so friggen' tired at this point) and made my husband wake up to listen to me bitch. He. Loved. That.
Finally, I arranged all of the pillows on the bed into some sort of pregnant lady nest (and by now, it's 2:30) and managed to sleep for two hours without waking. Hallelujah. Fully basted on that side, I turned over and slept another two full hours. And while that isn't nearly enough sleep for an individual, it is more than I've gotten at one time these past three days.
I woke up this morning and told Natche not to disturb the pregnant lady nest I built. I'm hoping it will prove effective tonight. Especially since I don't plan on having another glass of wine until the next millenium.
P.S. for Al - I went to the packy last night to pick up said bottle of wine and happened to get in line for the register right next to the tequilas. I was *this* close to buying the $64.99 bottle of Cabo Wabo Anejo. *This* close. But since I was already receiving many a nasty glare from patrons who obviously felt that a pregnant woman and her three-year old daughter should not be buying wine, I second guessed my decision to add a bottle of tequila to the mix.
No comments:
Post a Comment