Monday, April 16, 2007

The week of the Samba and the Rumba, Part Deux

And now for the second half of the show.

  • John. "They like me. They really like me!" No, not really, but John did give his best performance of the season and the judges seemed pleased....well, at least pleased enough to give straight 6's across the board. It was definitely a fun performance though.
  • Laila. They pulled the rumba. I'm. not. sure. about. this. one. She just doesn't look comfortable. (And can I just say, she looks a lot bigger than her partner). She might do well. Ok, I was wrong before. The judges are calling this her best performance ever. Um, her fiance is luscious. (9-10-9...not bad at all)

(In the midst of all of this, Petra and her daddy are dancing the tango. It's hysterical.)

  • Apolo. Rocked It. It was one of the best performances I've seen on this show EVER. His samba was fan-friggen-tastic. I gotta give it to his partner, Julianne, because she choregraphed a phenomenal dance. HE DIT IT - 10-10-10!!!!!!! I am so thrilled for him. Of course, all Petra could say during the performance was, "Mommy, that's the song from Madagascar! That's the 'Move It' song from the movie!"
  • Achy Breaky. He's wearing lavender...let's just start with that. And, um, she is the only one dancing; he's just sorta standing there. Oh, this is just painful to watch. Painful. As Natche just said, "that's not good." Apparently the judges agreed. And the scores are....6-6-5.

I really love this show.

No comments: