Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So much for BE...

It appears (although it's not confirmed at this point) that I am allergic to an ingredient in the Bare Escentuals Bare Mineral makeup. I have developed a rash on my forehead and by my ears and have an uncomfortable itching/burning sensation all over my face.

I've done some research and it appears that one of the fillers in mineral makeup is an ingredient called bismuth oxychloride; it's what gives mineral makeup that shine or dewey look. Unfortunately it's not entirely uncommon to develop an allergy to it.

To learn more about this ingredient whose kissing cousin is arsenic (!), take a look at The Mineral Makeup's blog post about bismuth oxychloride. And if you hear of a good mineral powder sans BO (ha!), let me know.

In the meantime, I have to take all of my new BE purchases back to Sephora and more importantly, get rid of this rash before I can even TOUCH new makeup.

Thanks, Bare Escentuals!

No comments: