Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What do I do now?

I have "burnt" skin again. Not sure why. Haven't used BE cosmetics in over a week. Here are some possible explanations:
  1. Used BE brushes to put on new makeup, but only after a THOROUGH washing. Could I be allergic to the material in the brushes?
  2. Used new mineral makeup (without bismuth oxychloride). Could I be allergic to minerals? Probably not. Especially when I've had success with other mineral makeup (i.e., Arbonne)
  3. Baked in a 105-degree sauna during Bikram yoga class. Could I actually be "burnt"?
  4. Could it be a combination of all of the above?

To be honest, at this point I don't really care *what's* causing the sensitivity. I'm happy to give up everything. I just want my nice, smooth, burn-free skin back.

Oh and slight secant: BE customer service finally got back to me (a week later) and responded that they *loved* to receive new product suggestions from customers and that they'd *absolutely* share my bismuth-free product request with their makeup teams. Form letter much?

1 comment:

Allison said...

Ouch. That is the reason I stick to Neutrogena and Physician's Formula products nearly exclusively. They may not be the most prestigious, but they never irritate my skin.