Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bikram kicked my ass!

This will be quick. I think you've noticed by now that I have absolutely no time (and I mean, zero) to post. I feel like my life has been put on fast-forward and I don't see anyone hitting the pause button anytime soon.

Anyhoo, last night I attended my first Bikram yoga class ever (well, almost ever. I attended ONE class about eight years ago). I've taken power yoga before at Baron Baptiste's studio and it too is taught in a room set at well over 90-degrees. But last night was ridiculous. It was seriously well over 100-degrees and I baked in there for more than 90 minutes. I thought I was going to pass out...and at one point wished I would.

That said, I did the class and will most likely go back later this week for another torture session. Let's face it, any time you sweat that much, you have to be losing weight. And I really need to relieve some of the stress and tension that's causing my left trap to ache every time I pick up the phone or type for too long. Isn't yoga good for that?

No comments: