Monday, September 25, 2006

My Super Sweet 16

Anyone watch this inane, over-the-top, my-father-is-a-big-shot-and-will-buy-me-whatever-I-want-to-stop-my-whining pretense of a show? I mean, it gives reality TV a bad name, and that's hard to do.

I only watched it because I was flipping through the stations looking for something to watch and came upon this train wreck of a show about a girl named Marissa whose father owns three Mitsubishi dealerships. People, she got two cars for her birthday. Not one, but two. A black SUV and a first-of-its-kind red Eclipse convertible.

But what really got me (and Al, back me up on this) was that everything at her party had to be pink--the food, the chocolate fountain, the dresses (note the plural) AND HER DOGS. Yes, she dyed her two poodles pink so they'd match the party.

Oh, and let's not forget the mansion her father rented for this shindig...it cost $50K to rent for the evening.

I'd really like to drop this Marissa into a New Orleans hurricane-ravaged neighborhood and see how she'd fare. My biggest fear is that she'd get on that jewel-encrusted pink Motorola Razr and have her daddy fly in a helicopter (with her two pink poodles looking out the window) to "save her" from the common folk.

She is the epitome of greed at 16. It's the saddest thing I've ever seen.

No comments: