Sunday, September 03, 2006

Dance Class

My baby starts dance class on Tuesday and gymnastics on Thursday. Can you believe it? I had no idea they started these things so soon! On Friday, Petra and I had to run to the dance store (partly because Payless didn't have anymore tap & ballet shoes in her size and partly because I secretly wanted to take her to the dance store) and purchase all of the necessary paraphernalia one associates with dance class.

$60 later...
We have ballet shoes, tap shoes, a pink leotard and tights. Oh and I ran to target and grabbed a little pink-flowered tutu just for the heck of it.

Please, please, please don't let me become a stage mom. I don't know what happened to me when Petra tried on her outfit. I got positively giddy. I started to have visions of her becoming the youngest dancer to ever get accepted to the NY City Ballet Company. And that's just so.not.me.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Have no fear: being a raging stage mother takes a ton of time and energy, so unless you plan on quitting your job, you should be pretty safe. Can't WAIT to see her in her tutu.