Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A scene from the car...

Me: Petra, did you have a good day at school today?
P: Yes, mommy.

Me: What did you do?
P: I hit Gabrielle.

Me: Um, you did what? Petra, why did you hit Gabrielle?
P: She took my Buzz Lightyear necklace when we were in the bathroom. So I hit her.

Me: Petra, we don't hit our friends. The next time someone takes your toys away, you say, "No thank you!", and go tell Miss Stacey. You hear me? I don't want to hear from your teachers that you're hitting your friends or mommy will put your toys in time out and you in the naughty chair.
P: Cruella is in the naughty chair.

Me: Yes, Cruella belongs in the naughty chair. But we're not talking about Cruella; we're talking about Petra.
P: (obviously bored with this conversation now) Can I have some chocolate milk now?

No comments: