Monday, September 11, 2006

She makes me feel so guilty!

Yesterday, Natche and I went to the Pats game, as we do most Sundays in the fall. We tailgate with a huge crowd of people, most of whom we only see during football season. You can only imagine how much fun we have and how much food and alcohol is consumed. It's pretty amazing.

And no, we don't take the Pet. She stays with her Nana and Dziadek during the games and we leave her happy in the knowledge that she she'll play and have fun with her grandparents.

Or will she? We returned from yesterday's game to a brooding child who told me, point blank, "You left me. You went to the football game and you left me. With Nana. And I cried."

What? She's not supposed to be upset when we leave! She's supposed to have fun with her grandparents and beg us to let her stay. Or at the very least, she's not supposed to articulate her feelings in such a way that it drives the deepest dagger into my heart. I feel like the cruelest mother on the planet.

Can you imagine how she's going to react when I go on my business trips next week???

No comments: