Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm Baby Jaguar. Hear me roar!

We just found the jaguar costume Petra's grand nana Steffie made for Natche eons ago. All of the B children have worn it for Halloween and now it's Petra's turn.

Two nights ago, I had her try it on. I was worried because I thought it would be too small and Natche really had his heart set on her wearing it. But no need to fret, the costume seems to fit. More importantly, she absolutely loves it. I held her up to the mirror once we had it on and although the hat is a wee bit small--Nana Cindy might have to work her magic on it--she smiled from ear to ear and giggled excitedly.

"Mommy," she said. "I'm Baby Jaguar. Roar!" And indeed she was.

So last night, the minute we got out of the bathtub she asked to put on the costume. She is so cute, how could I refuse. So we put it on her and she crawled into her bed, cradled her milk and fell asleep. Did I take it off of her? Naaah. Seriously, she was so happy.


Cut to 1:30 am. I woke up startled because something (or someone) grabbed my hair. It was Petra--no, Baby Jaguar--who had snuck into my bed and started her comfort-enducing hair hold.

I swear, she is so damn cute!

No comments: