Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Invitations

I promised myself after K's bridal shower that I would never, ever attempt to make custom, hand-made invitations for anybody or anything.

That was before my sunshine of a daughter told me she just *had* to have an Ariel (aka The Little Mermaid) third birthday party AND that she loved me *so* much.

Oy. So help me justify the time, effort and expense of my Little Mermaid custom invitations.

  1. The party store invitations on which you fill out the party particulars in black ink just look so incredibly sad (sorry to anyone who's used them!).
  2. All of my friends hand-make their own invites.
  3. Years from now, when she's 16 and so PA towards me that we've stopped speaking to each other, I'll pull out one of these invitations and remind Petra (and myself) just how much I love her.
  4. I love to torment myself.

All very good reasons why I spent half of last night cutting, pasting, writing and sticking those damn invitations together.

No comments: