I was in the Philly airport last night waiting for my usual (and very late) flight back home when the Southwest gate attendant decided to play a little trivia game with the 20 or so folks waiting for the plane...FOR prizes.
I'd already finished my People mag cover-to-cover AND I noticed the first prize was a bottle of Korbel Brut, so I thought, what the hey, I'll play.
"Who are the two founding fathers of Southwest Airlines?" she asked. "You have five minutes to find the answer and claim your prize."
So, I thought about it for a few seconds but only came up with the one name: Herb Kelleher. At that point, it was time to use the phone-a-friend option. I called Al, who miraculously came up with the answer in all-of-about three seconds; strided up confidently to the gate agent; and gave her the names of Herb Kelleher and Rollin King. And yay, the Korbel Brut was mine!
So many thanks to Southwest Airlines for making last night's late flight bearable and, in fact, entertaining.
Oh, and lest you think me a bad friend, Al and I will enjoy the spoils of our victory at this weekend's Buffet tailgate.
No comments:
Post a Comment