Yes, people...tomorrow is the BUFFETT concert. And yes, I am *so* excited.
How, you ask, can someone go every year and listen to the same songs over and over again, and in pretty much the same playlist order? Really, when was the last time that man actually recorded something new?
No matter, I say. Buffett is Buffett and all of his songs are timeless, never growing old and never getting dull. He does one mean Southern Cross and I never tire of hearing it.
Plus, I say, at what other concert can you party all day like you did in your 20s with many folks who are easily 20-30 years older than you?
So for all of the Parrotheads out there, keep searching for that one particular harbor and if you can't find it, just head on down to Margaritaville. I'll be there.
2 comments:
Umm, Michelle, he had a number 1 Billboard charting album in 2004, which really wasn't all that long ago. (License to Chill). The year before that he won a Grammy for his duet with Alan Jackson. He has pretty much released a new album every two or three years during the 00's and late 90's. In between he has written best selling books. Before that, he released an album a year for about 20 years. In total, he has released 22 albums of original material since 1974. That doesn't include compilations, live albums, soundtracks, or holiday collections.
Someone may have revoked her automatic ticket status with a careless comment . . .
http://www.margaritaville.com/discography.php
Yes, but read the post. That's what *others* say to me.
And the point of the post is, I care not. I love the songs we know by heart and especially that duet he recorded with Alan Jackson.
So please don't revoke my status. You'll get me divorced. And then without me as a buffer, *you* my dear, will have Natche to deal with.
Post a Comment