My daughter, Raya, received a piece of mail last week. Not surprising, I mean, my family sends her stuff all the time, and most of it arrives addressed to her. But not this piece. This was from a large, very well-known office supply company (rhymes with Maples).
This very expensive mail piece was essentially a plastic postcard with some serious offers for Raya, including a $10 off coupon with $40 purchase. What's alarming about all of this is that the postcard identified Raya as an employee of a small business (which doesn't exist).
Um. The child is NINE MONTHS old. She can't even speak, much less order office supplies.
I've placed a call to Sta, er, Maples and asked them to provide me with the list provider's name (under the Commitment to Consumer Choice guidelines established by the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), the company must provide me with that information). So far, nada. We'll see what happens on Monday, but never fear, they'll get another call from me if I don't hear from them.
And yes, the irony of this whole thing isn't lost on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment