I am not a huge fan of children's television programs, particularly those Nickelodeon shows I find of questionable intelligence and humor (e.g., Spongebob SquarePants, Jimmy Neutron, Fairly Odd Parents, etc.)
BUT
The other night Natche, Petra and I watched the Fairly Odd Baby special. While I knew Petra would love it, I was quite surprised to find myself laughing...out loud...throughout the entire show. It was friggen' hysterical, especially the parts that included character Jorgen von Strangle, an overly muscular, body-building fairy who does a great Arnold impression.
Great Jorgen lines:
Said after he ate too many burritos, "...but first, I must file a report with the great white round one."
Said after he told Timmy that a new fairy baby would be bad for the universe, "It would be so bad, I have to come up with a new word...it would be DOOM-UNGEOUS."
_______
I still don't love the regular Fairly Odd show, but the baby special was cute and I'm glad I didn't write it off before I saw it.
No comments:
Post a Comment