Friday, February 15, 2008

I've been bad!

No, I haven't posted in days, but I've had a great reason: I've been tired. Seriously. Exhausted.

But I do feel the need to write about last night's harrowing driveway experience, so here I am...exhaustion notwithstanding.

For those who don't live in New England, let me bring you up-to-speed: it's really cold and everything's pretty much frozen. Including my driveway. Natche had the 4Runner last night and was off to the gym so I took the kids home in the Outback. As we parted ways (at Pioneer Auto - don't ask), Natche reminded me to get some good speed going up the driveway or the Outback wouldn't make it.

And I didn't (heed his advice or make it up the driveway). Instead, I managed to wedge the Outback into a side snow bank about halfway up the driveway and was forced to abandon ship.

Okay, you're thinking, so you just walked the rest of the way up. Ha!, I'd say.
The driveway was a sheet of ice and Mt. O'Granite had a foot of snow on it with a nice ice layer on top. Petra and I pretty much fell and crawled our way to the top of the snow mountain...oh, and I was HOLDING THE BABY. It was horrible. Petra started crying and then Raya joined in and it was pitch black out and I skinned my knees bad and it was Not. Fun. BUT....

....we made it. And now Petra has an exciting adventure to share with her class today.

No comments: