I hate to say that it wasn't a great Christmas, but it really wasn't. My husband and youngest daughter are still suffering from the flu and neither was in any kind of mood to open gifts yesterday. In fact, all Raya really wanted to do was vomit and poop all over everything.
Petra, on the other hand, had a great day. She got her Disney Princess castle and Mix Max and spent the bulk of the day taking and playing with Raya's baby toys because, you know, a Little Einstein's guitar is much cooler than a life-sized Disney castle replete with elevator and dressing room.
Raya? Perfectly happy with styrofoam and tissue paper. Couldn't give a shit about her toys, clothes or food. Actually, she did give a shit. Quite a bit: I went through three outfits yesterday.
Now that Christmas is over, the Bs need to focus on getting and staying healthy. I'm not sure I can take another few weeks of the evil sickness.
Let me add (before I sound like a total Grinch), thank you Natche for the lovely gifts. The long, down puffy coat is EXACTLY what I wanted and lord knows I needed a new coffee maker. 8 1/2 years is just a bit too long for an appliance that gets used more than any other in this house. And thank you for the Pottery Barn recharge station. As you can see, I've organized all of my gadgets and have them all charging from a single outlet. It's really wonderful.
Gotta Run. Think the baby is going to blow chunks.
No comments:
Post a Comment