Thursday, December 27, 2007

New Year's Resolution

Yes, I know most people don't keep them, but I still think there's value in making resolutions. In my view, a resolution is simply a promise to try harder at something.

So my resolution this year is to run. Better. Faster. Smarter. I will start a running program, but instead of going out and trying to run four miles (uphill) out of the gate (and inevitably hurting myself in the process), I'll start by running ONE mile, three times a week. And once I'm confident that I can go the distance and haven't done any damage, I'll up it to two miles, three times a week...and so on.

I've always enjoyed running, but gave it up last year thanks to countless calf injuries received as a result of my inability to a) stretch and b) take it easy. No more. This year, I'll give running a real try and do my damndest to work up to a reasonable distance without injury.

You heard it here first.

No comments: