Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Mists of Avalon

It's on and I'm hooked. Every time I see a story of King Arthur, the Knights of the Roundtable or Merlin, I'm reminded of my high school's performance of the story told in mime. Yes, MIME. Didn't I tell you that I went to the Arts Magnet High School for the Performing and Visual Arts? Well, I did. And we did retellings of both the Arthur legend and the Salem witch trials in mime.

Anyhoo, the thing that stands out so vividly in my mind about that show is David Voss's portrayal of Mordred, Arthur's son. It wasn't that the performance was stellar (even though David was an exceptional mime), it's that he looked so HOT playing the evil son. I mean, David was cute, but nothing to write home about. But when he took that stage as Mordred, man-oh-man, he looked good.

I have no idea what happened to David. I assume he's somewhere in Hollywood or New York doing something in show biz (probably with Paul Etheredge-Oustz - but that's another story entirely). But he can take comfort knowing that someone, somewhere remembers his mime performance that year.

No comments: