Monday, March 19, 2007

It's sucked me back in again.

Dancing with the Stars, that is. I already have a favorite and the night is only half over. But seriously, Joey Fatone (or Fat One, as he's been nicknamed) will GO. ALL. THE. WAY. He has a natural ability and really showed up the rest of the playing field with his Cha-Cha.

As for the rest...
  • Leeza Gibbons was horrible, BUT managed to be a step up from...
  • Billy Ray Cyrus who really, really sucked. I mean really sucked. It was sort of sad.
  • Paulina Poriskova wasn't bad; she's got beautiful lines and I thought she did better than the judges gave her credit for.
  • I didn't see Ian Ziering, but the judges thought he was pretty good. I can't really take him seriously though; I mean, he *was* Steve Sanders
  • Laila Ali did well... at least the judges thought so; IMO, she was alright (no idea how the judges could give her a score even CLOSE to Joey's, but they did)
  • John Ratzenberger just looks like he's having a good time; he may prove to be a fan favorite.

(I'll add in my view on the rest of the competitors later)

But Joey was the best. I think he's going to rock this competition and Isay this emphatically even without seeing the entire field.

My prediction on who will leave first? Leeza. Without a doubt. Mark. My. Word.

Oh and yes, we just saw a trailer with Heather Mills saying, "my leg - it could just come off." I really hope it doesn't. The McCartney issues aside, I don't want her to fail because she has a prosthetic leg. I want her to prove that even people who have disabilities can rise to the occasion and perform as well (if not better) than others. She can't be any worse than Leeza. No, seriously. That said, I don't think she'll go too far. Too many people HATE her. And I can kinda understand why.

More commentary later; can I just say how happy I am that Dancing is back on the air?

No comments: