We did it! I slept for more than two hours at a stretch! It was fantastic. I fell asleep close to 10 and woke at 11:30 to pee and readjust the pillows. But I must've hit on the secret sauce of pillow placement because lo and behold, while I did wake briefly at 1am, I didn't get up. I simply closed my eyes and when I next opened them, it was 4 AM. 4. Not 1:30, not 2 or 2:30, but FOUR AM. That's pretty darn close to a miracle in my book.
Sure, I'm still very tired. One night of decent sleep does not an entire week make up. But, and a Big Butt at this point, it's a start. And sure, it took every single pillow I own (no exaggeration...I actually stopped myself from pulling the pillow out from under my daughter's head to further build my nest), but it was well worth it.
I SLEPT. Hallelujah, people!
No comments:
Post a Comment