Friday, April 11, 2008

Direct Mail Redux

So, Raya must be an exceptionally high-value customer according to our favorite office supply retailer. I mean, why else send her *another* high-end mailer with an offer to save $25 off her phone or online order of $75 or more.

What? Is the child buying office supplies when I"m not looking? Does she have an Easy button hidden somewhere in her crib? Because I can't seem to figure out why a company that is targeting SOHO business buyers believes my 11-month old daughter might be a good prospect.

For those who've followed this saga, I did, in fact, hear from the retailer after the first mailing and they promised to remove her from the mailing list (um, didn't work). I also received a letter from the list provider indicating she'd been removed there as well (maybe, maybe not). And while I understand how this happened - her name was linked to my and my husband's purchase behavior - and even though I am in the industry, it still bothers the shit out of me.

No comments: