Monday, April 28, 2008

Grrrrrr....again.

That damn Hannah Montana! Now I have to explain why Miley Cyrus isn't wearing a shirt in the latest Vanity Fair to my four-year old. Because, you know, the TODAY show broadcast the soon-to-be infamous photo across the screen for almost two minutes straight. And my daughter, a burgeoning Hannah fan said, "Look mommy, it's Hannah with no shirt!"

What is it with these Disney artists? Or more to the point, what is it with their parents who knowingly allow their children to be objectified at such early ages. I mean, she's FIFTEEN. Do we really need to see her looking 25, draped across her father's leg as if she were his lover?

I'm really concerned. It seems these Disney girls hit a certain age (apparently that age is fifteen) and go off the deep end. Petra, I hope you like Miranda Cosgrove now because pretty soon, you'll be banned from watching her too. And just forget about the girls from HSM. They're absolutely off limits now. And the mermaid show? H2O? uh uh.

Perhaps SpongeBob Squarepants isn't so bad, after all. Even if he does sing about his idiot friends.

No comments: