I just finished up at the Forrester Marketing Forum and am sitting in LAX waiting to catch the redeye. Yes, the redeye. Because I must find as many ways as possible to torture myself.
In the meantime, I'd like to say thank you to the folks at Forrester for putting on an excellent conference. The content was interesting and thought-provoking, but more importantly, the company was exceptional. I met so many bright and fascinating marketers. Seriously, there is no light bulb joke here.
I'll try and assemble a post of key takeaways once my brain starts fully functioning again. I will say this: many companies are on the path to "engagement" but so many more have a lot of work to do to get there. And based on the speakers' content from the past two days, the real challenge with "engagement" is me. And you. And all of the other consumers out there who want to dictate how, when and through which channel they want to "engage".
But it's so promising. LeapFrog is doing a great job mapping the Learning Path. Nike is engaging with their target audience through events and online communities. FedEx is sharing key moments of truth with their customers through an interactive Web experience. TopHat Cleaners has Gloria who knows everything about everyone. Dell - well - Dell is just building a single agency (not sure what that had to do with engagement). And Patrick Jordan has a lovely, engaging voice.
So more on the conference later. To my new friends, thanks for a great two days.
No comments:
Post a Comment