Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Biggest Loser is BACK!

The Biggest Loser - Couples Edition started last night and I couldn't be happier. It is one of my very favorite shows, a complete indulgence, and has been since it first aired. Here are some of my initial thoughts:
  • Yay, Jillian is back for good and the other trainer (Kim?) is gone. Really, really didn't like Kim. She was a Jillian wanna-be and not a very good one.
  • Why didn't more people want to be on Bob's team? His training style is pretty tough in my book, just as tough as Jillian's. Although, now that I think about it, if I were given the choicee...
  • Go Pink Team! Bette-Sue is proving to be an early favorite and I'm hoping she and her daughter do well.
  • Lynn...Lynn...Lynn....you got this far - dude, you were chosen for the show! - and you (pretty much) quit? What in the hell is up with that?
  • Brittany - not a surprise Bernie lost all that weight. HE THREW UP ALL WEEK. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that no food + working out = some sort of weight loss, even if it isn't the right way to do it.
  • Paul - um, asshole move. You had to tell everyone that your ex-wife is a quitter? No wonder she divorced you. Those thoughts...the ones in your head....keep 'em there.

Yep, waaay to into the show already, but I can't help it. This is real drama at its finest. And the best part about it is the reminder: if these folks can lose half their body weight, I can lose that last ten pounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim being gone for good is a really good thing. I would watch those shows constantly but I hate it when they have the weigh-in and people get booted. I think it would be so much more interesting if everybody just stayed the whole time.