Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Social Media Day here at P&R

Thoughts on Facebook:
I like Facebook; I really do. Until someone starts prodding me to take a quiz, sign a petition or write on his/her wall. It's fine to do it once or twice, but all of the time? It's. Annoying.

Update on Twitter:
FSJ joined the ranks and I shall follow. I can't wait to see what/how he micro-blogs and if it lasts. (Note to Al: I haven't read the blog since I've been traveling so if it is a test or part of a joke, it's not that I don't get it. ;-)

Question about Plaxo:
Do people really use it? I get invites all of the time...and while I'm registered, I find it very similar to LinkedIn. I want to maintain one profile in one place and not have to re-register, build a network and then reach out to everyone I know from the various sites to which I belong. Note to providers: need porting capabilities.

Flick:
I think it will become the only place I house pictures. It's much easier and more convenient than Kodak Gallery, and I've managed to import my pics into a slideshow you can see on the right.

New Sites:
I am really interested in social media - both from a personal and business perspective - so if you know any sites I should take a look at, please send them my way.

No comments: