I took Raya to the doctor's office this morning because she appears to be going through puberty. At eight months. No, but seriously, she has ten or so pimply-like lesions on her face and the rash needed to be addressed.
We were seen quickly by our favorite NP, MaryAnn, who informed me quickly that Raya has impetigo, a contagious rash that requires antibiotics. How did she get it? The evil sickness. From Web MD: "Children may get impetigo after they have had a cold or allergies that have made the skin under the nose raw." Um, yeah. That would be it.
But that's not all, friends! After listening to Raya's chest and looking into her ears, MaryAnn also diagnosed Raya with bronchiolitis and an ear infection (Petra's most common ailments). Because, you know, we're the worst parents on the planet and had no idea she had anything more than a nasty-looking rash.
I swear, parenting is tough. And as my friend Al put it, if the child isn't struggling to breathe, we tend not to call the doctor. And to be clear, there was and is no wheezing with Rae Rae.
So instead of working today, I am at home with a sick child watching 10 Years Younger.
2 comments:
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that the cycle is beginning again. I don't miss the bronchiolitis/ear infection/etc. era one little bit.
Coleen
Col, me either. But enough about me? How are you?
Post a Comment