Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Must. Sleep.

So the baby was healthy for all of ONE day. She is once again blowing some serious snot bubbles and I know this because Petra alerts us with the cry, "Mommy, we have a boogie emergency!" (I kid you not).

Needless to say, I haven't slept in two days. I'm exhausted and having trouble functioning (although remarkably, I was able to write two emails and a session proposal, both of which were decent).

As a result, Natche and I will go back on shifts. He'll take the 10pm - 2am slot and I'll take 2-6. It's not ideal, but it's really the only way to guarantee that we each get a solid 4-5 hours of sleep.

And yes, we have a humidifier and yes, we're using those Glade plug-in things (Vicks vapor plug-ins, but I like to call them Glade because it pisses off Natche). There really isn't much more we can do, except perhaps stick a tube in her nose for continuous suctioning of boogie material.

Um, does something like that exist?

No comments: