Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Southwest's New Boarding Policy Redux

I'm not that fond of it, now that I think about it.

Yesterday morning, I got up and on my computer at the crack of dawn so that I could retrieve my boarding pass from Southwest and get a good letter/number combo. I hit the button at EXACTLY 6:35, 24-hours before my flight and.... still got A-21. Now you can't tell me that 20 people hit the site at the exact same time and all of them received better positions than I did. And even still, the guy DIRECTLY behind me, with A-22 didn't hit the site until 9am. How does that work? And why doesn't the Southwest system like me?

I think I preferred the old system of just showing up early and sitting down at the gate with all of my stuff, claiming a precious first-in-line position (or at least close to it). Because this new system...I just can't figure out how to break the top 20. And yes, this makes me a complete dweeb, but not getting the RIGHT seat on the plane gives me intense agita.

No comments: